Thursday, August 22, 2002

I cannot believe it. I actually spent a day in the mall today without shopping anything for myself (there was a lot of self-control involved here mind you, especially when there were a lot of good stuff out there that seemed to be screaming at me: buy me, buy me). You see, I accompanied my mom and my tita earlier today in buying children's clothes for my tita's kid. Even though I was trying my best from restraining myself from buying clothes, I found myself enjoying picking out stuff and suggesting it to my tita. I felt like I wanted to have a kid whom I could buy pretty little dresses and cute shoes to match them with (that was just a passing thought nevertheless).

I can't wait for Sunday to come. I can finally, (as in finally) shop. I have this thing with delayed gratification and since our thesis defense isn't finished, I don't want to shop for the meantime. I want to know the results first before I go on spending my dad's money so that I would not feel guilty later on if our defense didn't work out well. This way (you know, me waiting for the defense to be finally over), I'll have a valid reason to spend.