I was reading UP's Philippine Collegian and I couldn't help but notice their featured Product of the Week. It was Rexona's wala ba kayong mga kamay product. It stated there that the shape of the deodorant was a phallic symbol which is an embodiment kuno ng kapangyarihan, its silvery gray bottle which is pa-class na pajete para sa pa-class na consumer, it has easy grip feature para bumenta uli dahil mas sikat na ang cream at stick, and its slim body para mas mahigpit ang kapit ng consumer. Hmm.. so that's how it is pala...
And then the other night, my sister was intently watching Whattamen and analyzing everything. I couldn't help but look at how the shows, the advertisements are being packaged nowadays, thanks to my sister. And it's true, women are still the ones being marginalized most of the time.

Today was a good day for me. Met up with Jaja, who I haven't seen since June. We, together with Shiela and Joy had a few bites at Big Brother's. Soon, we found ourselves having one of those, as Shiela calls it, "usapang pang-lasing." It is the type of conversation na sisimulan ng isa ng "Bakit nga kaya ganon no? Pag wala na sa yo chaka mo lang marrerealize kung gano sya ka-important sa yo?" followed by other anguishes regarding guys and the problems they bring us. Enjoyed talking with them though. Missed having them around. I wanted to join them sana when they watch a last full show of Lilo & Stitch now at G4 together with Angela, but I can't. They will also be sleeping at Angela's. I wish I could join them next time though. Then again, I had a good time naman kanina.
This day could've been better if "J" had been online. We haven't chatted on the irc since July 1 although we've been texting each other. When kaya, when can we actually catch up on each other?
0 comments:
Post a Comment