Sunday, October 13, 2002

I was glued to the tv last night (as if that's something new). It was a Chinese light romance comedy, Love Undercover first and the 2 episodes of HBO's Six Feet Under. Six Feet Under, being a dark comedy, is just ironically amusing. I also caught the Star Awards for TV after that, and like most of our awards giving ceremonies here, it took almost an eternity to end. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to wake up for church.

Speaking of church, the Message in Word during our Worship Service hit me right on the spot. I haven't been serving and honoring Him as I should. I have become such a wayward Christian lately. Been listening to His word and not doing anything, been reading the Daily Bread and the Bible and still not putting them into action. I'm no different with the man, as the book of James says it, who looks at his face in a mirror and after looking at himself goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like (James 1:23-24). I knew, when I accepted Him, that it wouldn't be that easy. I have to make it up to Him. I have to evaluate the path that I'm currently treading and follow Him to where He is leading me. It won't be easy, but I'll try.

James 1:21

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

0 comments: