I've been commuting a lot lately! A good reason for me to be proud of myself. Let's see, I now know how to go to Megamall via fx & bus or fx & mrt; to Araneta via lrt & mrt; to Glorietta via fx & bus or fx & fx; and to UP via fx and a jeepney (all of which I have to come from La Salle).
After attending our thesis meeting today, me and Joy took the fx and went to UP to watch another foreign film, Happy Together together with my sister. It was directed by Wong Kar-Wai, the same director of Chungking Express and starred Tony Leung (also from yesterday's movie). The title's quite deceiving - one would think it's a light romance movie. It's actually the opposite. It's a drama about two male lovers wherein the opening scene showed the two lead actors having sex. As the movie progresses, you'll see that homo relationships are no different from hetero relationships. Sometimes, there's the aggravated party, the martyr lover who later realizes his worth. The movie ended with a possibility of a new love for the guy (having left his other partner who just used and abused him). The movie's nice. Me and Joy were wondering how come the movie was shown in black & white at first and then slowly had colors. Thinking about it now, as the martyr lover recovers, the movie would have more colors added to it - just one of the director's cool idea. I can't choose which is better, yesterday or today's movie. They tackled different issues (although you'd see some similar points at times) but I'd say yesterday's was a little lighter. Today's on the heavier side (as it is, homo relationships are still taboo here in our country).
Tuesday, October 8, 2002
Posted by
ji
at
11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment