I'd say today was a good day except that I wasn't able to go to church just because I overslept. It may not be such a grave sin, just the same I feel bad not attending the service.
What else can I talk about besides books and movies??? Ha! Books and movies still! I really think it was a good idea that I read Esquivel's book after Lolita. It was waaay lighter. Think of Like Water for Chocolate minus the cooking thingies and you'll have Swift as Desire. Still deals with family relationships but not like the way Amy Tan does it. Get the picture?
And then I watched Platoon. Cool! I'm not a war flick fan, never been and never will be (didn't watch Pearl Harbor or Black Hawk Down or etc). I just tried this one and I don't regret doing so. I mean, nothing beats the original (ok, so I don't really know if there's any point if I compare Platoon with the others I just mentioned 'cause I haven't seen them in the first place and I'm not that privy as to whether there were other war flicks before this, I'm just assuming that it was one of those originals). If you haven't the slightest idea what the hell I'm talking about, this film starred Charlie Sheen together with Willem Dafoe (this year's the Goblin in the Spiderman movie) and (sige na nga) Tom Berenger; and won 4 Oscar awards in 1986 (and was shot on location here in the Phil). You'll see a mix of emotions from the characters who had to go through harrowing experiences during the Vietnam War.
Well, so that you won't think that I've been doing nothing but lie here in our house, I printed 3/4 of our final thesis document already. I plan to edit and print the rest of the docu tomorrow in school since I'm still waiting for Kenneth and Mel's data. I hope I do get to finish them tomorrow, that way I could photocopy them on Tuesday and have them ready early for it's deadline on Wednesday.
Monday, November 4, 2002
Posted by
ji
at
12:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment