Wednesday, January 8, 2003

Dear you,

I wonder if you've ever been in a situation where you had to say exactly the words opposite to what you are feeling. I've just been and I owe it all to you.

Do you know that the whole time we were talking, I was putting up a brave front. A front that tells you I'm your friend and that I am supporting you and encouraging you to do whatever it takes to get back together with your girlfriend. Behind that is someone getting more and more depressed. I may not have the right to but who are we to control our emotions?

I can be frank and tell you how I really feel. I want to confront you and ask you about the messages you sent me which obviously had meaning. But I will not do that. I'd rather not. I'll save you the confusion and you're lost as it is right now. You might as well attend to one person just now. Besides, I don't know why I should bother to tell you. I can't possibly think that you'll stick with your decision and see if things would work for us because I myself am afraid to try. What if it doesn't and you'll realize that you instead made the greatest mistake of your life by letting her go? I can't be sure that you will not compare me with her. For crying out loud, I can't even say that you like me for the right reasons, for all you know you're just mistaking it for something else.

I'm sure this whole thing is as weird to you as it is for me. We can always be good friends right? I can always try to be a hypocrite for the meantime and wait for this feeling to subside.

me

0 comments: