An open letter
Be,
Have I ever told you of the time some of my high school friends thought that I was insecure of you? One even used to ask, "d ka ba talaga naiingit sa kapatid mo?" They had this notion that I probably felt that you were papa and mama's favorite mainly because you bring them so much honor and second, you're the good daughter. (Are you laughing now?
) I know it's crazy, but I had to go through that process of telling that contrary to what they think, I'm quite secure myself, thank you. Somehow I grew tired explaining and left them to think what they want to believe. Even now, there are some who knows us both and aware of our achievements (or my lack of it, hehe..) but I don't owe them an explanation, right?
Don't you think we've been really really blessed? For one, we have our relationship that's something we can always be proud of. We probably owe it to papa and mama. We have parents who treated us fairly - no older, younger child for them. We never had to fight over toys and candies back when we were kids 'cause we always had our own share (although I'm guilty of eating your share when it comes to chocolates and candies as well). We never had to fight over the remote control 'cause we like the same shows, the same types of movies. Same goes with books. We never had to be irritated if we borrowed something from each other 'cause even if it doesn't matter to us if we don't ask for permission anymore, we still do it out of respect. (Wow, bait natin ah?) Yeah, so what if you're more intelligent than I am (o, papa-humble ka na naman, wag na!)? We have our own fields of interests and they just don't see that (hmm, hindi naman sila blind no?).
I don't need a Mother Teresa or a Princess Diana (gasgas na no? Sila na lang parati? Why not Kris Aquino, para maiba naman? Nag-roll ka na naman ng eyes nyan malamang!) or any admirable personality for that matter. Thanks to you (and papa and mama), I get one of my most admirable persons within my reach. You know I've always been proud of you. For your accomplishments and for being the person that you are (duh, clich� naman non).
You know, I never really thought what my fears were until someone, out of the blue, asked me. And it has something to do with our family. I fear that one day I won't hear you call on me, Chie... (in a I-have-a-favor or I'm-about-to-rant or I'm-worried-about tone of course). I fear that one day I won't be able to just hug you out of nowhere and tell you: Chim mo na ko. Chim kita (and I'd start showering you with kisses). I fear that one day I won't be able to watch you sleep, make fun of you while at it and just marvel at how calm you look as I find myself unknowingly crying already. I fear that one day I won't have to be your protective sister and I won't be able to text those guys bothering you and pretend I'm your boyfriend just so they'd stop pestering you.
Anyway, I just want to tell you that, it never felt like a burden to be your elder sister. Felt like I need not play that role for you. I've made mistakes in the past and indeed had set bad examples for you, but thanks for understanding me despite you being disappointed. Let's always be like this ok? Best of sisters (may ganon ba), best of friends?
As for your future, don't worry anymore. Trust Him 'cause He already has a plan mapped out for you. Just enjoy tomorrow and Happy Graduation again!
Love you, love you, love you!
Chie
Sunday, April 27, 2003
Be - short for Siobe, Chinese word for younger sister
Posted by
ji
at
12:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment