Sunday, May 11, 2003

My reasons for watching a movie can be shallow at times that even if it's a dorky movie, I probably could have seen that. Then there are those that were talk of the town, ( i.e. Lord of the Ring, Ring series, Moulin Rouge, Chicago and I bet there's more) that I still haven't watched yet. (I still don't have plans of seeing them... yet. Eventually maybe, when I catch them on cable. Just like what happened with X-Men 1 which I just saw recently, when everyone else already did).

What was then my reason for watching with my sister X-Men 2 yesterday (after treating our mom to a pre-mother's day lunch)? Just James Marsden. Nothing else.

But just like what Lanz Leviste said in his article last Friday, about the movie exceeding his expectations. I, on the other hand, wasn't expecting anything. I only had one thing in mind, to see him.

So anyway, I really think that this one outdid the first X-Men movie in more ways than one. From the story to the character probing, though I hated the fact that James Marsden's Cyclops was limited to a cameo role. It even made me cry more than once (to think that my eyes were still all puffy from the watch-and-cry Ai Yori Aoshi marathon we did last Friday night). Oh well, the bottomline is, X2 made more sense compared to the first one.

0 comments: