When one of my guy friends told me that he liked this girl I was so happy for me. He had high standards that I was afraid it would take him forever to meet the right girl for him. Then he went on to tell me that the girl has a boyfriend. There were two of us girls whom he told this li'l secret. While she told him to wake up and stop his nonsense, I was playing the devil's advocate. Now, they're together.
If there's one thing I felt when another one of my guy friends told me that he liked this girl, it wasn't happiness. I maybe happy for him on one part, but most of it, I wasn't. I cannot say what I said to my other friend when I was giving him my moral support. I can only sympathize with him. Although he didn't fall for a girl who was already committed, he fell for someone of different race. Having known that, I knew that nothing could transpire.
I know how it is with Chinese families - they are traditional in a way that parents usually want their children to be romantically involved with guys of the same race. I've witnessed people my age who try to go against their parents. But it's a no-win situation.
Yeah, it's one of those reasons why sometimes we feel like life is unfair. How can you tell your heart to stop beating for this person 'cause she's of another descent?
But I admire my friend. I knew it was difficult for him to come to the decision of keeping his distance especially since he's fallen hard for her. I'm not sure if he has accepted things already. All I know is he may be hurting, he may be confused (hella confused), but he made me respect him all the more with what he did.
Monday, June 23, 2003
Posted by
ji
at
11:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment