Thursday, July 24, 2003

It was a good thing I waited for Jessica Soho Report last night. I was interested with their feature story regarding call centers, I didn't know they were running a story on Gary V. and his being diabetic. Found myself admiring the guy all the more. Something he said stuck me (i can't quote him verbatim though).

Just like Apostole Paul, kasi diba ang daming revelations sa kanya ni God? And maybe para hindi siya maging mayabang, God put a thorn in his flesh. Imagine? A thorn in his flesh. He had to go through that pain his entire life. Sabi nga ni God sa kanya, it is in your weakness that I can be glorified.

Can you believe? A juvenile diabetic with no eye defect? I've been inflicted with this for 25 years. The fact that I can still do these is in itself a miracle. Just shows what kind of God I serve I don't want to say that to sound as if I'm this religious person, no. I'm saying this because it is really Him who keeps me going.

*sniff sniff*

You don't hear many people in showbiz speak of their belief in God, much less write songs for Him since, like what he said, people accuse you of wanting to sound like you're a religious person. But he has been a consistent Christian performer, and I don't know, I guess I'm happy, happy that His power is manifested through people like Gary V.

0 comments: