Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Everything in this blog is nonsense. Content-wise, there is nothing but silly accounts of my boring life, and sometimes commentaries on things that interest me. Rarely do I write about serious stuff. And why not? My sole reason for having this journal before was so I could have a venue to express myself. I have always wanted to be a writer. It really wasn't a "dream" but I silently hoped that I'll eventually be able to write well. Well enough that people would notice and praise me for a piece very well-written. But no, I am not gifted with that ability. What I am only capable of is writing letters (then again, everyone knows how to write one). I am not aiming to be a good writer anymore. I have stopped having illusions that one day I'd be a Jessica Zafra (or a Bob Ong female counterpart), that is why I still keep this. Because I still want to take account of the happenings in my life, maisulat ko man ng maganda o hindi.

And although this is me you're reading about, there's a certain part of me I haven't talked/written as much as I should have. You read about people important and dear to me, but I haven't talked/written about the One dearest and most important to me above all. That troubles me. How can I write about me and then not write about Him? So, apart from this journal, I'm starting a new one. One that has nothing but me and my faith and Him of course. With this new journal, I only have 4 things in mind: (1) that I may become a better Christian (in the truest sense of the word), (2) that I be closer to Him, (3) that people like me, struggling and all, may find their way in there and be able to help them even in a small way, and (4) that may He be glorified in each of my posts.