Saturday, February 28, 2004

Life as a student meant waking up 2 hours before I have to leave the house for school. That gives me enough time to take a bath, eat, and get dress. I get to school in 15 minutes if I take the lrt or around 30 minutes if I have a ride or I opt to take the fx.

When I get to school, it's either I drop by the bookstore, the library, the canteen, or the SC office (during my last year) before going to goks, our beloved college's building. During breaks (in between classes, or just when we don't feel like attending class), we'd just sit there at our tambayan in the lobby, doing nothing but chat. Lunch or merienda usually equates to the taco salad sold just outside our building or to the snacks sold by Simon.

And then we go to class. There are times when we try as much to understand what our prof is teaching us but to no avail, we just spent class hours doodling in our notebooks or we just copy whatever it is written on the board. Course there are also times when the discussion seems interesting enough that our attentions are hooked.

After class, our destination's usually robinson's place (more known as RP to us). On the other hand, after class or not (when we cut classes), RP's our usual alternative tambayan (next to gok's lobby of course).

A while ago, that's what we were doing, me and carrots, relieving our student days. I decided to take a day off from work. Carrots, on the other hand, had no work for the day. Went there not only for the heck of it but more so, we missed being in school. After a year of working, you'd somehow feel like you wanna be where you were before, as a student. We dropped by the library, the Aristo, the canteen (had teasers and ice cream), goks, and the computer lab. Went with kulit to attend her LINALGE class (nothing's changed, we were still bored to death just listening to subspaces and subsets being talked about). Proceeded to RP to watch a movie and shop.

What have I realized today? That some stuff/scenarios are still the same, some have changed. What do I expect anyway, right? One thing remains. I've always thought life in college was fun. I guess, it still is.