Tuesday, March 30, 2004

The Bible has the books Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (I haven't checked with Acts yet but I think it has that as well) tell us the story of Jesus' suffering. But it only takes one movie for us to be reminded of the sacrifice He did for us.

No, I am not against the Passion of the Christ. In fact, I have this pirated copy at home but just like the pastor who shared the Word to us last Sunday, it kinda makes me feel guilty watching it there (pero oo inumpisahan ko sya!). I have been reading good reviews about the movie which makes me want all the more to see it already. And I am glad that a movie like this is out there waiting to touch us.

What could be so significant in the movie that makes it different from other life-of-Jesus movies. For one, unlike other movies, it centers on the last 12 hours of His life. Second, it graphically shows us how He suffered (too much blood? why He was tortured and condemned by many) that some say would make us cringe. Third, (I am basing this on the few scenes I saw), I think Mel Gibson's version was more or less based on the Bible.

The only sad part? After people see the movie, they'd be moved, (maybe) disturbed, and feel thankful for giving up His life for us. And then days will pass and we'd go on and be caught up with our work, studies and stuff, sometimes (or is most of the time) forgetting about Him.

Anyway, I hope the movie will make people realize how much He loves us. The least we can do is to do our best to be the deserving children that we ought to be.

another Passion related post to follow on other journal