Tuesday, July 6, 2004

i

don't like conforming. you can't influence me to watch something that i don't want to watch, even if it means that i'm the only one left who hasn't seen the movie yet.

am most of the time dependent on people but am emotionally independent. that would probably be my number one contradiction.

lose interest on stuff at times not only because i have short attention span but also because i hate it when almost everyone likes them as well. (i claim ownership at times although i know i don't have the right).

practice delayed gratification - from eating to buying stuff to other matters. i always save the best for last.

now admit i am close-minded. me and my sister realized that it can never happen. 'it' being the two of us being open-minded, especially if we believe too much on the teachings of our 'religion'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Here I find myself nodding coz I understand.

Funny, just this morning, the "boys" were pushing me to try something that I really didn't fancy. The pushing was backed up with a lot of facts, articles, sites, etc. When asked why I was resisting, my answer went like, "i'm not one for conformity".

And of course, that caused a lot of raised eyebrows on their part. LOL I didn't intend for my comment to reflect on them. Just me, really. That and the fact they wouldn't stop pushing. Truth be told, if they didn't make a big deal out of it, I would have tried it for the heck of it. They gotta realize, the more they push the more i'd resist.

Went a litte off topic there, but you started it with your conforming sentence. ;p

I, on the other hand don't really hate it when a lot of people like the stuff I like. Even if I do claim ownership at times (at times?), too. I'm more concerned with whom i'm sharing said interest with. *winks*

-o- kulit -o-

ji said...

hah! i get what you mean. LOL