I used to think that He is getting tired of me and my requests. During elementary and high school, I bombarded Him with prayers concerning my studies: that I don't get a grade lower than this, or that I maintain this average so that I would stay in the honor section, etc... I would usually tell Him to help me and that it will be the last time that I'll ask Him for that.
When I stepped into college, I vowed to myself that I'd study hard, just so He won't have to hear my incessant academic-related pleas. But, I wasn't able to keep my word. I was asking Him for things more than ever. That time, they weren't prayers about my grades alone.
Now, I feel like I don't have that much to ask for myself anymore.
Is it because I'm done with school? Nah... I guess I've become mature as a Christian. I've realized that it's not for me to tell Him what to give me and what I deserve. I realized that praying isn't just about me, it's about praying for other people first. Most importantly, I realized that praying is about thanking Him for every single thing I see, hear and have in this world.
Thursday, September 30, 2004
on praying
Posted by
ji
at
3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ditto.. praying is more of a daily conversation with God for me nowadays.. :D --shmuck (i forgot d url of ur secret blog.. sori!)
Post a Comment