inpired by Ronald Baytan's Vignettes About Mama
Mama has this tendency to go way overboard when it comes to keeping things neat and tidy. She insists that before entering the house, we leave our shoes/sandals at the doorstep and then use the slippers we have inside (think japanese and korean culture). And boy do we have different sets of slippers: there's one for the first floor (depends if we wore open or close shoes too), one for each bathroom, one for the second floor, one for the room, one for the dirty kitchen, one for the veranda, and another for the garage. We have a stock of spare slippers at home for the visitors as well.
Mama wants our shoes dirtless that she'd have even the soles of these wiped clean after each use and before we can return them inside the shoe cabinet.
She hates it when we're rummaging through stuff and the fan's turned on. It doesn't matter if we perspire all day as long as dust and dirt won't go circulating everywhere, so she says.
We can't lie in bed if we have on outside clothes, in short, unless we take a bath or shower, we can't enjoy the comfort of our beds. And assuming we only took a shower, we then have to use our when-you-didn't-shampoo-pillowcase instead.
Sometimes we hear mama complain about things that she knows she doesn't have control of, like how those tasty breads are packaged and sealed and many others. She's super anal like that.
I used to not follow her when I was younger and when I didn't know any better. But I've grown to accept that this is how she is. At times we tell her to take it easy and that it's not possible for everything to be as hygeienic as she wants them to be. I think mama's doing just that lately and I think she doesn't see the need to nag us about things like these anymore.
0 comments:
Post a Comment