I've been through different emotional states the last two weeks. Two weeks ago, I was feeling pressured. Last week, most people saw how I can be when I get really really pissed off, one moment I was making "parinig" to whoever it was that needed it, the next moment, they were seeing me cry for the first time. Me, who never lets my guards down couldn't help my peers from seeing my tears flow.
But it's during these last two weeks when I got to appreciate some of my officemates. I have this officemate who is super lambing, sometimes, she'll come to my work area just to say she needs a hug or when she sees me with a sad face, she'll come right over and say, bawal nakasimangot and will then hug me right then and there. Then there's one who'd buy me dinner when I can't even seem to get up from my chair so I could grab a bite. Some of them, stepped up the last week to help me with my extra-curricular activities.
It's both heartwarming and saddening because almost all of them aren't regular employees, bound to go anytime (sooner than I expected even). And although I didn't really like our Christmas party's venue (to the point that we had to transfer to Makati for a much better crowd), it was fun spending time with them (will be our last Christmas together anyway but they're planning for an out of town trip sometime january).
Sidenote: Christmas party this year wasn't as fun as last year. But it was the first time that I got to bring home an item from our raffle (i have no such luck when it comes to this) and the second time that I brought home this certain award. *sheepish grin*
Monday, December 12, 2005
All It Takes Is Two Weeks
Posted by
ji
at
6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment