- The Christmas spirit seemed like it was nowhere to be found last 25th for most. I heard it from some people I knew, and then I read it from blogs and articles in the newspapers - they all had one thing to say: they couldn't feel Christmas. I really don't know how to react and feel about that. I guess our views on things do change as we grow older.
- I was looking forward to watching Christmas specials on tv but i only got disappointed. The only special we got to see was this musical. I don't know if we just didn't know what channel to look or there really wasn't that much specials aired.
- I spent most of my day of 31st was spent in the kitchen with my mom and sister preparing for new year's eve and for the next day's guests. Thus, at 2 in the morning of January 1st, i was feeling exhausted, full, accomplished, and giddy all at the same time.
- I know i shouldn't wait for January 1 if i want to improve myself but start of a new year is like we have this clean slate to start things anew. And unlike last year, i'm gonna list down my resolutions for this year (most, if not are general) and hopefully i get to fulfill it not only throughout 2006:
1. Fall deeply in love ---- with God. My siobe received this sms that said it best: Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, falling in love in a quite, absolute way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you'll do with your evenings, how you'll spend your weekends, what you read, what you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.
2. Give more and expect less.
3. Be more thankful and complain less.
4. Save more and spend less.
5. Work not more than 11 or 12 hours daily so that (1) I can spend time with family and friends (i want to be really there for them), (2) I can have time to try out new things, (3) I can do chores at home, and (4) I won't get too stressed out often.
6. Lose my tummy.
Monday, January 2, 2006
Post Holiday Musings
Posted by
ji
at
8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
what tummy??? --shmuck
Post a Comment