Thursday, April 13, 2006

people always lie and other realizations

i've been watching house. in two days, i finished episodes 1 to 22 of season 1 (i probably would have finished it in just a day but i had to sleep too you know).

after that i had these thoughts to myself:

- He really is all-knowing. I wanted to be a doctor but He didn't let me. He probably knew that since I'm like a sponge when it comes to people and feelings i wouldn't last in that profession. For the longest time, I've been thinking if I made the right decision in choosing IT instead of medicine. Lately, I'm thinking maybe i did. (there's the maybe still though).

- If that's how doctors are generally, then being one isn't easy. They must go through a lot - lots of guessing, conflict and guilt even.

- one thing with tv shows, or movies, or novels or comics., one is bound to come across a character similar to their own personality. In one of the episodes, House tells Cameron that he's not some charity case she can work on. i guess there's this want in me to convert someone, to make them be better men (very same reason i used to like bad guys, i know it's pathetic).

- people always lie, it's House's main belief. i wish it's not true.yes, we do.

- In one of the episodes, Chase's dad arrives in the hospital and Chase was just indifferent. He told House that he actually loves his dad. Really. He loved him that it hurt him when he didn't remember his birthday or when he didn't show up for special events in his life. He thought it would be better if he just didn't care. If he didn't care at all, he won't be disappointed anymore. He wanted to feel numb. Sometimes that's just what i want to do. To just DON'T CARE.

- Cameron said something like this to House: "I (always) thought you're not capable of loving. You just don't love me." I used to have this notion that he wasn't capable of sticking to one girl and be really serious with her. But now that I know he's still with her girlfriend years ago, it means he just didn't like me. He didn't. And i should stop making myself believe that at one point, he actually did.

- it's because of these stories and lines that draw me from one series or another. the sadder the quotes and the stories, the more it appeals to me.

3 comments:

jmdfoto said...

I love "house" i watch it like every tuesday. If you like the story developing with his ex fiance thing,second season should be good for you. And just to note, I think cameron is hot. HAHA

jmdfoto said...

regarding the lie thing... everybody lies to an extent.

"the only time people stop lying is when they are six feet under."

ji said...

i cant wait to watch season 2... im just waiting for the last episode bago ko start watching it hehe para d ko mabitin lol

regarding lying: yeah, i think so... kaya hirap rin to trust... just sad...