I got my hair permed December last year which means, my hair's been this way for the last 6 months. I didn't think my curls would stay for long considering I have "bagsak" hair.
But it's ok. I'm still pretty happy with it.
I haven't actually "discussed" the reasons behind the perm, so here goes (according to their importance):
1. out of boredom - i don't remember exactly when i started to pick on my hair whenever i felt restless. there was just this time when i looked at the mirror and saw that i needed a new look. i wasn't sure what i wanted with my hair overall so i had to settle for the bangs first which i cut on my own. while i was working on it, i knew it could either be good or bad. but i've gotten confident with how i look that i don't really care anymore. if it turned out bad, i could probably pull off something to remedy it. but it turned out ok, thats why i still have my bangs up to this time. (sometimes i go for fringes too). and then one day, i realized it's all getting pretty boring once again and so i listed my other alternatives. one of which was to have my straight hair be permed.
2. because they told me not to - as early as middle of last year, some people knew that i wanted to have curls. most of them told me to not go through with it. their common retort was: "sayang yung buhok mo, ang straight straight pa man din". i understand where they're probably coming from. they must be just worried that the chemicals might damage my hair. but i guess some of them just prefer straight hair, simple as that. but you know me...
3. i wanted to prove a point (it's not something i just wanted because curls are in) - that it doesn't matter whether you have straight or curly hair to look good. we were brought up with this idea that having straight hair is nicer (just look at all the shampoo commercials out there, would you?). same reason why we can't blame girls that are bent on having their hair straightened (be careful of the chemicals too). if you've got straight hair, well and good. if you don't, hey, who said it's such a bad thing? why you can still wear a handband, or a clip, or tie it in a ponytail (half-up/half-down or cheerleader or sleek or even pigtails). it's just about being contented and knowing how to make things work with what you have. so yes, when people ask: "bakit ka nagpakulot? sayang." i reply: "bakit? maganda nga kulot e."
I think I'll stick with this till the year ends.
On second thought....
Who knows? I might be bored sooner than that.
Friday, June 30, 2006
Hair Talk
Posted by
ji
at
4:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment