Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Japanese Treats

I don't think I lead a healthy lifestyle. I don't get 8 hours of regular sleep or drink 8 glasses of water or exercise daily. Most of the time, I don't eat dinner anymore. I'm not into a well-balanced diet. Most importantly, I think I eat more sweets and junk foods than normal meals. It's not really something that I should be proud of and yes, I know I have to do something about it.

Anyway, one the things that I enjoy is to try out food places (restos or stalls, it doesn't matter). And I tend to be biased when it's a Japanese establishment.

I remember when I first read about Beard Papa's from Lucy Torres' article, I wondered how delicious those cream puffs were and wished that I'd live to see the day when I can have a piece of it as well (Lucy discovered these heavenly treats when she had a trip in Japan). Lo and behold, there opened a Beard Papa's store in the mall (SM North) just near our place. For a time, I was addicted to those puffs (and I am craving for one right now). Though I'm not much of a frequent buyer now than before, I'm still happy as a kid that they're available here. :D

On a related note, last June, while Ronnie and I were wandering inside Megamall, there was this mini-tarp that caught my attention. It showed that Bubble Tea store is now open (too bad their website is under construction). Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to look for its location. :( Fast forward to sometime in July, my siobe told me of her drink discovery - yummy strawberry milk tea with tapioca. What do you know? It's one of the many milk teas available in Bubble Tea. Apparently, they also recently opened a branch at the mall near us once again (THe Block). And just last Saturday, sister and I dropped by to take out Royal Milk Tea, Japanese Green Milk Tea and Kiwi Green Tea - all of which were consumed in less than 15 minutes I think (supposedly it was for mom, me and siobe but mom just had a sip and so those three were left for us both. much to our delight of course :D). I loved the place. It had cute colors and nice interiors plus cool machines. I loved what we had (especially the royal milk tea because it reminded me of the milk teas in hongkong). I will have to go back (Ronnie has got to see it as well).

Speaking of which, I am reminded of the picture I took a month ago:


1. Meiji Milk Chocolate - that big one at the back came from ronnie as a surprise :)
2. Glico Pocky Decora - pasalubong from che, my friend officemate :D
3. Meiji Rich Strawberry - pasalubong from che and snow (batchmate and friend officemate as well)
4. Meiji Mariages - (behind Galbo) another pasalubong from che and snow(?)
5. Pocky Milk Flavor - pasalubong from carrots
6. Pocky Crush, Pocky Green Tea, Pocky Strawberry, Pocky White Chocolate, Meiji Galbo Mini - i bought in hongkong

^_^ Hmm, I wonder, what will my next obsession be?

0 comments: