Saturday, September 1, 2007

Good Times

August 23

I have never, for once, been one to attend meet-up events. But Thursday, 2 weeks ago, I found myself being one of the attendees of this blog party. What changed my mind? (1) it's a new experience for me, (2) it's good venue to bond with some of my officemates (went there with kenot, che, mon, jet, marhgil, and billy) and to see the faces behind some of the blogs that i read, and (3) there's free food. It was a fun night and I did enjoy myself. Adding fun was the photobooth (provided by cliquebooth) that offered no fees for photo ops, much to our group's delight :).


~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o

August 25-26

Ever since I got back from HK sometime first week of August, I haven't spent quality time with my family yet. Until two Saturdays ago that is. Sister and I visited our dentist for our teeth cleaning session, though we first dropped by the nearby salon to have our haircut (yes, i got tired of my hairstyle that i had it changed once again ^_^). Detour was at this new refreshment stand just across the said salon - called Nomimono, a japanese word that means "beverages". It's a must-try, ask my sister :D (we tried this Grape Juice with Aloe Jelly that reminded me of a similar drink that had aloe jelly as well from a certain mango dessert place in HK and another drink I forgot what because sister had it all to herself :p). Right after coming home, mom and I went to have our facial next.

The next day was family day and so after attending church service, we had lunch and then went straight to the supermarket (bonding moments with the family includes doing the grocery).

I wasn't able to bum around these two days but who's complaining? The day after was a holiday anyway, I still had the time to devote myself (although i wasn't able to chat with ronnie as much as i wanted :-s).

~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o

August 29

Aside from not spending time with my family, there's my friends whom I haven't seen for a while now. Vowing to myself that I'd see each one of them, I started with the one who's just near me. Met with carrots for dinner last Wednesday and I'm mighty glad we did as we had to do major catching up. I believe we both needed that time to see each other. And to say that I missed her is an understatement. Really. :-|

~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o

August30

August is Powerbooks month. From the time Powerbooks started having their annual sale, I've made it a point to take advantage of that. This time though, it seemed that I couldn't fit in my schedule to go to any of their branches. Good thing I finally decided to open this email that Powerbooks sent me (i kept on ignoring it for days already) before sending it to the trash folder. It's when I learned of this Book Fair event. As much as excitement was creeping in me, I had to compose myself and consider these 3 things: (1) when will this be? (2) where will it be held? (3) who'll go with me?


The flyer said it's at World Trade Center. Location's not a problem since it's not far from our office. Check on item 1.

Will happen from August 29-September 2, still according to the flyer. Works for me because I wanted to go on a weekday. Again check on item 2.

I told kenot of this hoping he'd agree to go with me and thankfully he said he's free anytime. Check on item 3 too!

Last Thursday, we headed to WTC and I, to use kenot's words: "felt like i was heaven". We may have left the office late (we only had less than an hour to wander around) but I went home with these:
  1. Everyone Worth Knowing (Lauren Weisberger) - been a long time since I last read a chick lit
  2. Saving Fish from Drowning (Amy Tan) - missed Amy Tan as well
  3. My Sister's Keeper (Jodi Picoult) - sister wanted The Pact from this author but it wasn't available, I got this one instead
  4. Play Dirty (Sandra Brown) - sister's request
  5. Emotional Rollercoaster (Claudia Hammond) - nice book cover and title itself made me interested
As if it wasn't enough. The day after, soon after lunch, I asked my lunchmates (billy and kenot) if we could drop by Powerbooks for a minute. Was able to buy a couple more:
  1. Noble House (James Clavell) - sister also wanted this one
  2. Oh My Gosh! The Incredible Lightness of Being Burgis (April Timbol Yap) - the essays-sucker in me kicked in
I know there's still a pile of books waiting for me, but what the heck. Books are simply hard to resist, what more when they're discounted?

0 comments: