My sister already started working first week of this month and so far she's enjoying herself. Fact remains that she only has saturdays and sundays to relax now. She was really looking forward to watching Walt Disney's Enchanted (either with me or with mom). I decided to go with her instead because mom had to go to her therapy session and it's been some time since we two went out. I recently read from a blog that this local film One More Chance is a good one. It piqued my interest and told sister I also wanted to watch it. She then seconded that most of the people in her office have seen and are talking about the said movie.
It was settled then, we first saw Enchanted and then One More Chance. I really don't have much to say about the first one. It was a nice feel good movie. Something you'd expect from a Disney film. I liked the lead actress and how she portrayed someone who came out from a fairy tale. I liked the scene when she started singing How Does She Know and how it turned out to be like a Disney parade of some sort. I liked seeing James Marsden although there's not much to like in his Prince Edward character. I liked Pip, the chipmunk who provided comic relief at times. As for the second one, well, yeah i'd say it was a good filipino love story movie. I think the last movie that I actually liked (as in see the movie more than once) was Angelu and Diether's Bukas na Lang Kita Mamahalin. This one can come in second maybe (but i'm not too sure about that). One thing that worked in here is the two characters' chemistry and acting. And then there's the good supporting cast (their barkada who most of the time provided the funny lines). Lastly, the story itself, being realistic at that. Me and sister had this conversation after:
me: i really can't sympathize with maja (salvador) in there. she knew that john lloyd couldn't possibly just get over those 5 years he spent with bea and yet she still entered in a relationship with him. it's like she caused herself her own pain.Food tripping was also included during that day. From Mrs. Fields Cookies, to Oliver's Sandwiches, to Five Cows (yummy yummy ice cream cake).
siobe: yeah well. there's always that part of us when we think we could be the one to change someone, to be that someone's answer to his prayers. that's what maja probably felt too.
Last stop before we called it a day was at Powerbooks for some book shopping. :)
We can probably do the same things over and over, but it's one of those things that i won't ever get tired of. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment