They say old loves die hard and I'm not going to argue with that. How could I, when I'm finding myself going back to the things that I love these past few weeks?
I used to lose myself in reading. Used to spend hours curled up in bed, enjoying a good book and listening to my favorite radio station. Used to visit Powerbooks and buy their magazine monthly.
I used to get caught up in one series after the other (House, Grey's Anatomy, PrisonBreak, Heroes, Gossip Girl... also japanese dramas if i may add). Now, I've become ignorant of the latest series around.
I used to watch out for upcoming musicals showing in town. I may not be able to watch most of them, but I was updated.
I used to write and post in this blog almost every day. Used to have something I wanted to write about most of the time. Used to want to write as much as I wanted to.
Somewhere along the line... I found myself not being able to do these things. Life got busy for me. Then, there were times when even if I had the time to read, or watch, or write, laziness got the best of me. Somewhere along the line... I lost the drive to do these things.
Suddenly, I wanted to learn how to cook. I wanted to keep fit. I wanted to watch more animes. I wanted to check out as much NDS games available. As much as wanting these aren't so bad at all, I feel like a part of me had gone. Those I mentioned above may be passive activities but those are what define me. I am and will always be a bookworm and a frustrated writer at heart.
And so...
Recently, I've picked up my first novel for this year (The Time Traveler's Wife as suggested by my sister). I have yet to get to half of the said book as I try to read at least one chapter a day.
Last March 9, I went to see Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah The Musical at the CCP Little Theater with Ronnie and 4 friend-officemates. To say that I missed being inside a theater is an understatement. I'm looking forward to watching another play sometime soon.
Just hours ago, I finished Bambino (made me want to cook more). I'm thinking of catching up on House next. It sure feels like forever since I last watched a House episode.
Lastly, here I am blogging my first post for 2009. Hopefully, I get to do this as often as before.
I'm going to keep doing these again, I promise. As well as... to try cooking dishes even if it's only on weekends, to include 30minutes of cardio exercises in my daily routine, to watch/finish the Saint Seiya anime I started since January, and to start playing Chrono Trigger on DS (I really ought to finish FFIV already!). There's a plethora of other things I still want and plan to do, but I'm not going to rush and won't be discussing that now. Maybe next time, when I've already got them in action. ;)
For now, I'm just happy rediscovering and discovering old and new interests, respectively.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Rekindling Old Flames
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Finally, have your first blog for this year.Keep on~~
Naman.. naman.. naman.. I really have to learn Japanese! hahaha.. Pero on second thought, I should've tried all the possible links sa page mo to know where exactly is the link for commenting hahaha..
Continue mo na to ha.. baka naman after 'n' months na namana ng update :p
Post a Comment