I have to be prepared to hear my sister's ramblings about her lost Cross pen. She left her pen on a desk in their library and found it missing the moment she returned. One minute, she'll just look at me and say, "Achie, yung pen ko" with a look on her face that would make you think she lost a loved one. And this usually lasts for a week. She says it is not because it's a Cross, nor was it given by a special someone (although it was given to her nga).. it's because it's like a dear friend to her (imagine that!) and that it's the only one blue pen that never let her down (she's talking about a ballpen here, may I just remind you). Those things she say, I can tolerate. But when she tells me things like, "This is what I get for making you sermon about not taking care of your things (I lost a Parker pencil that someone gave to me before I even had the chance to use it)" or "This is what I get for ignoring my 'other reliable' pen," I shoot her an exasperated look. Told her that she should stop thinking that it's a karma thing or what.
Soon as I have enough money, I'll buy her another pen (and I hope she won't lose this one...)
Tuesday, August 27, 2002
Posted by
ji
at
12:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment