I was able to catch up on my reading today. Just finished with Eating Fire and Drinking Water by Arlene Chai. I must say, it's one good novel. I liked this better than her first one (The Last Time I Saw Mother). When me and my sister saw her books at National and saw the price, we were like, "Tingnan mo nga naman o, basta pag Filipino yung writer (Although Arlene's not a true-blue Filipino -she's got some Chinese blood as well), mura lang nila sine-sell. Pero wala pa naman rin kasi syang name and she's just starting out, ok na din.." I'm hoping that there would be more Arlene Chai's in the future. I mean, hers is like Amy Tan's writings and I really think it's about time that people can read about Philippine values and some history through novels like this...
Still have a lot of reading to do though...
My Reading List (in no particular order)
The Reader Bernhard Schlink
Like Water for Chocolate Laura Esquirel
Eating Fire and Drinking Water Arlene Chai
The Last TIme I Saw Mother Arlene Chai
Atonement Ian McEwan
The Grapes of Wrath John Steinbeck
This Present Darkness Frank Peretti
Piercing the Darkness Frank Peretti
Atlas Shrugged Ayn Rand
Angela's Ashes Frank McCourt
'Tis Frank McCourt
I may or may not finish reading them this week, some of them I have put off reading months months ago. Anyway, there's no hurry naman... I'm just trying to do what Stephen advised me: that I should not think about my thesis for a week and just enjoy myself so that I'd be rejuvenated before I bury myself in thesis work once again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment