Could've blogged about this later during the day
But I can't
And I won't
The guy from a certain region here,
the "J" giuy i used to mention few months back
Finally met him in the flesh yesterday.
(the reason, aside from Shiela looking for her comics,
why we went to the mall)
He was here in Manila for 3 days as a representative of his school for a competition and a summit. Monday night he arrived. Texted me on tuesday morning letting me know he's here. Coud've met Tuesday if only his schedule wasn't hectic enough. Also could've met Wednesday if only I weren't at home and pre-occupied with thesis work. Knew Thursday was his last day here. Texted with him Wednesday night, made tentative plans of meeting before he leaves. Didn't give my word if I can really meet him. Said there was a huge possibility nevertheless.
Can't remember a conversation that I enjoyed that much
to think that it only lasted for 20 or 30 minutes or so
- a conversation with some guy I only met through the net
Was at one of the IRC chatrooms. He clicked on my nick. Asked me about my nick. No asl and school/year/course questions from him. Chatted from one topic to the other with a few banters of sarcasm here and there. Instantly liked his wit. Seemed like a nice guy, really. Too good to be true I told myself. Didn't know he was from that place yet that time.
Glad I have these friends
told me to take a risk
Don't have to ask myself "what-if?" anymore
Don't really like meeting those people I chat with. It's not me. His case was an exception. Were supposed to meet the first time last July. It turned out that the weather was against it. Then he came again. Another opportunity? Part of me wanted to see him. Why? I'm not sure. Not after his looks, I know that. Knew how we looked like. Can't say he's failing on the "looks scale". Perhaps it's because I knew he lived far. Chances of us seeing each other next time are slim. Perhaps I wanted to hear him speak and just have a real conversation. Part of me also said no. What if it's better this way? Maybe I should leaver things as they are. He might not be the same person I chat with online. Then there was yesterday's goose chase at the mall. Seemed to me someone's saying: Look, forget it. Don't bother anymore. It's not a good idea. Joy and Shiela (in her own unspoken way) thought otherwise. Backed me up the whole time.
Why all the fuss?
Like I said...
I like the guy.
Even more now that I met him
I shoudn't go on expecting
Should not get my spirits too high
I know it's crazy.
But
I am crazy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment