Sunday, October 6, 2002

The Ateneo team's picture is plastered on Star's frontpage today, reminded me of last night's game again. Huhu. I'm not about to sourgrape or whatever, I guess, Enrico said it best during his speech when he won the MVP award that this could be their time. Good for him that Ateneo won after 14 years just as he is about to leave but bad for Mike Cortez. Awww... This is his last year pa naman.

There was this incident last night, when we were lining up at the MRT's ticket booth: this guy who I think wanted to irk us asked us (actually, he was facing me pa nga e...) "Excuse me, sinong nanalo?" I was dumbfounded. I didn't know if I should answer him or what and then Yas and I looked at each other. After a minute (I think), I told him "Ateneo". Guess what he said next? "Ah talaga?! *half-smiling/half-laughing already* Haahaha" We were like, huh??? I mean, for the last 4 years that La Salle won the championship, we never went so low to taunt someone we don't personally know from Ateneo. Maybe some people do pero I don't think that's a nice attitude.

A nice text message I received earlier today:

A true ARCHER knows how to put down his ARROW when he sees a young EAGLE determined to fly. He is HUMBLE in victory, GRACIOUS in defeat.
Yeah, ANIMO LA SALLE!

0 comments: