Monday, December 23, 2002

I've never been happier!

My mom went to church with me and my sister yesterday (we know it's His work and we're just so thankful)! Uh, what's there to rave, you ask? For starters, my mom and dad are Catholics, while me and my sister are... well, not. We used to be under the same religion of course. But when me and my sis got to high school, we were introduced to Protestantism and we've been embracing that belief since then. Our parents weren't too thrilled (said we were brainwashed in school). However, things have been changing. Two years ago, we were allowed to attend church (Evangelical) already. It was a sign that although they might not agree with us, they respect our decision. Lately, we've been sharing the things we know and learned to our mom, even inviting her to come to church with us and we could see that she is not keeping her doors closed. As for our dad, it is hard to talk to him about this.

Saturday night... we were surprised to hear our mom voluntarily say that she'll be joining us to church the next day. Me and my sis were like, did we hear that right?? I couldn't believe it. I thought, k, I won't get my hopes up that easily, I'd wait for the next day. And true to what she said, she did come! We've been praying for this for so so long. This is a start and we'll take it from here. I mean, there's nothing more important to us than this. About our dad, we are giving him time. We'll have to wait but not too long... time may be running out...


It was my mom's birthday last Saturday (can't believe she's 48 now). Had a small gathering at home with friends and relatives. Went out and had dinner but got home just in time to catch Gary V.'s Christmas musical presentation on TV. This guy's amazing... so talented and never fails to give glory back to where it belongs. He sang this certain song which tells us that we might have encountered big & small problems this year and in the past, sometimes to the point that would make us doubt His existence and lose our grip on Him but guess what? We only have to remind ourselves that WE are the reason.

We are the Reason

As little children
We would dream of Christmas morn
Of all the gifts and toys
We knew we'd find
But we never realized
A baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives

We are the reason
That He gave His life
We are the reason
That He suffered and died
To a world that was lost
He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live


As the years went by
We learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves
And what that means
On a dark and cloudy day
A man hung crying in the rain
All because of love, all because of love

I've finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him, for Him



2 days to go before Christmas... let's not put out the Christ in Christmas, ok?

0 comments: