Saturday, January 18, 2003

I thought for a while that I won't be able to use my computer for some time because the other night, my OS wouldn't work. I don't know what I did, the only thing I remembered doing was that I installed Windows Media Player 9 and the next time I turned on my pc there was an error regarding my OS.

Come to think of it, the solution to my problem is easy right? All I have to do is to format my pc and install everything. Not so. For one, I thought my A drive isn't working which means that I can't make back-ups of our documents. Nevermind me, but my sister's thesis document needs backup as well as her other course documents or else, I'm dead meat. Since I thought the drive's not working, how can I possibly run the boot disk?? Without the boot disk, I can't format my pc. And another problem. I don't have a Win98 installer, MS Office installer, and all other installers. I was in a total panic mode that night that I just had to text Kenneth to call me up and talk to him about this. I had to impose myself and ask him to meet me in school so that I could borrow the installers I need. One down. Now, only the drive A problem needs to be solved.

Yesterday, I talked to my other "technical support representative" Vincent. He couldn't believe me when I told him that my drive A's not working. He knew that I just bought a new drive a year ago. He said I should try again and see if it's the drive that's not working or the diskettes I'm using. Which I did. And guess what?! It was the diskettes. Argh!!!!

Since I've just posted, yes, I successfully fixed my pc problem. Except that, I don't have a decent MS Office XP installer with me yet.

Pathetic. I'm a comsci graduate and I don't have my own copies of installers. Tsk tsk... I also realized how much I can't live without my pc. I mean, I can deal with not using the pc for a day or two. No problem with that. The feelings different when you know that your pc is just there in tip-top condition and when you know that there's something wrong with your pc. Horrible horrible feeling.

0 comments: