Friday, February 14, 2003

You wake up one day and realize that you've become what you are afraid others might be.


I was greeted this morning by a text message from a number not registered in my phone book (I stand in awe as to how people can still get wrong numbers on mobile phones). I replied with a "who's this?". I had this hunch who it was but certain incidents have taught me not to depend too much on my intuition. I re-read the message thrice, trying to place where I had seen that before. Then came the reply, an excerpt from The Little Prince's, making my hunch valid. It was jerry after all, with a new mobile number. And I was right with the first message. It was familiar because it was mine. Mine in the sense that I was the one who wrote it for him (in a note I gave him last year).

I used to always tell him how I've come into terms with the fact that people come and go but I wish that he stays only to find myself turning my back to him, not wanting to stay - blinded by emotions I thought were more important than our friendship.

And so after two weeks of no communication with him, one, I was able to do what I was supposed to do long before - put the things that should already be put behind; and two, we were able to resolve things. We're back to being friends. This time, hypocrisy aside.

0 comments: