Monday, September 29, 2003

bumming around

What do you do when you find your Saturday and Sunday amazingly free - i.e. no OT work to do and mandarin or nihonggo lessons to review? The thought of doing nothing is enough reason to entice me to just stay at home.

And that, I just did. For two consecutive weekends even, except... I've been bumming at other people's places. Last last Saturday, I (and kulit) were at Angela's and spent the whole afternoon just watching TV. From MTB we saw S2 and then Knowledge Power to Willingly Yours before finally deciding to leave her place. The next day, I woke up to go to church but slept as soon as I returned home. Woke after a few hours to eat lunch and take a bath. Watched few eps of Fruits Basket, read a book, and slept again. Woke up to have dinner and stayed awake for a couple of hours and slept again.

Last Saturday, it was at Debbie's place where I made myself at home. We were supposed to have our Mandarin class but out of nowhere made last minute changes to cancel it. We just saw some clips of Endless Love and those edited clips of My Sassy Girl. We just sat there and talked (I'm buddies with debbie's couch now). Yesterday was just like the other Sunday. Woke up for church and took a side trip to the Validation Center before going home. Yeah, I went to have myself validated for next year's election and so instead of wasting our time with this Kris and Joey thing, why don't we all be responsible citizens and do what we're supposed to do? Talk about Kris and Joey, I bet ABS-CBN and GMA-7 made big bucks once again with their two shows yesterday (oh the media hype!). Ok, I'm digressing again. I changed my style yesterday though. I ate first before takinga nap and bathing afterwards. And off I went to watch One Fine Spring Day and Lea's Songs From Home.

That is what I call a rest day... and I'm so loving it!

_____________


etc.

I just have all the reasons to be happy these past few days. Blame it on these new acquisitions I had over the week. I got The Good Earth and The Devil Wears Prada last Tuesday. And bought last Saturday, Love Undercover 2:Love Mission VCD.

But here comes the nice part... See, I was just telling my dad Saturday night that I wanna buy a new DVD player. He wasn't too happy to hear that saying he'd prefer if I buy something more important with my money. Imagine my (our, actually) surprise when he got home yesterday late afternoon with a new player and a new TV set as well (one of our tvs' acting up). Me and my sister were like: "pa???? i thought you said????" Then again, who are we to complain? Now, I still have my earnings intact. On the other hand, there are those really really nice bags at Wish that I saw last Friday... hmmm...

0 comments: