Thursday, January 15, 2004

I admire them. Them that are pro-death penalty, or pro-abortion, or pro-divorce because they aren't like me.

These people can look straight into your eyes and tell you their stand regarding the issues mentioned (and not mentioned) above. To them, there is not a grey area. They see things in black and white. It's either you are for or against it.

I can't say the same for myself. When I think of the children raped (and killed) by heartless people or the kidnapped victims killed even after their families pay the kidnappers ransom money, I want nothing but death to be inflicted to these people who caused the victims and the victims' families pain and suffering. And then comes the thought of how inhumane it is to punish someone for a very sinful act. After all, we are not God to do the punishing ourselves. It is in these moments - when I am figuring out my stand, when I become even more confused. It seems like there is always a "but" for every reason I make why I should be for this.

So yes, I admire them. But I don't wanna be on their side. I guess, I will still stick by my being against them.

0 comments: