Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I love CSI. What I don't like are episodes where the culprit happens to be a minor because I hate not knowing what to feel.

The rationale is that you don't pity a criminal especially if he/she had the intention to plan out the crime. But what if the criminal is a 12-year old lad? Can age be a reason to sympathize with him? Should you feel guilty if you feel remorse instead of hatred?

The thing is, I can't just say "oh heck, it's only a show. that doesn't happen in real life." because it does happen in the actual world. One can't disregard the fact that there are minors in prison (some of them even dying there).

Sigh. I don't plan to make any point at all, it's just... it's sad that these things happen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In America, where capital punishment has always been legal, the youngest boy to be executed for his crime is 10 years old. The youngest girl is 12 years old.