I don't usually go out on Friday nights. Since we moved to Novaliches, I've decided to change my 'lakad' sched. I only get to see my mom and my sister during weekends that's why I make it a point that starting Friday night up to Sunday early evening, I spend time with them (with also my dad, of course).
But sometimes I make exceptions. When I do, I make the most out of these that I tend to say yes to invites without really thinking. I remember one time, I agreed to join my officemates for dinner on a Friday. That same day, I found out shiela and joy were meeting for dinner too! I wanted to come with them as well and so I went with my officemates first before meeting up with shiela and joy (talk about eat and run). The day after that, I was to come with friends to EK. As luck had it, a blockmate arrived from China that some wanted to meet up. Again, I didn't want to miss seeing these people that I also agreed to come with them. Good thing they granted my request that we schedule it before lunch (haha) so that I can still go on with our EK trip.
Similar thing happened Friday night. I wanted so much to watch Spanglish that I asked joy days before to come watch it with me. What slipped my mind was the fact that I told my officemates weeks ago that I'm free that night. (And then a few days before that, a friend was also asking if we wanted to watch Vagina Monologues.) I felt like it was too late to back out on joy and my officemates that I decided that I'll again join my officemates first and then catch the movie with joy. To cut the story short though, we missed the movie because I got tied up but I still got to meet joy (and shiela who picked up joy somewhere in makati hahaha) at greenbelt later. And then we bumped into angela. And then a friend said he could come by where we were. I then ended up enjoying not only 2 or 3 people's company that night but a dozen or so.
Sometimes I feel that gimmicks and work doesn't have much difference when it comes to this. You wish you have clones so that you can go on and accomplish other tasks or meet other friends (especially those that you haven't been seeing much). And as much as I want to be as available as I can be to these, I can't. I get tired and burned out also and it saddens me that some people still expect me to be "more available". I would if i could. If only they knew.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
making the most out of things
Posted by
ji
at
6:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i wish i could be as busy as you!
Tara swap tayo for one week! *lol*
--->C
sige ba... sana pwede talaga yung ganon :)
Post a Comment