Sunday, August 28, 2005

Account of An Insomniac

Feeling refreshed and all that, I look at the time as soon as I got out of the bathroom. 1:26 in the morning and I just had a relaxing bath. I sneak a peak at my parents' room, both are sound asleep already. Proceeded to check on my sister. Earlier, she asked me to make sure she doesn't fall asleep until she's done studying. And there she was, still holding her half-inch readings on one hand and a yellow dermatograph on the other, only, her eyes were closed and obviously asleep too. I try to wake her up and she tells me she's too sleepy that she can't understand anything she's reading, might as well wake up early today. Taking the things from her hand, I placed them on her night table.


As I opened my room's door, I hear Bread's Let Your Love Go. That's track 7 out of 24 and then there's James Ingram, Brian Mcknight and Vonda Shepherd waiting to be listened to as well. Hmm. I have to wait for my hair to dry up before I went to sleep. I pick up You Remind Me of Me and read where I had left off. Page 135. Still a long way to go. Maybe I can finish this before I doze off? Ah, this is the life! Probably much better if i eat that Green Tea Pocky placed on my night table. Oh but I'm on this 3 day diet program and I don't want to ruin it, do I? Stick with the reading, I tell myself. Wait. Could there be something worth watching on tv? I could check, but it's probably not a good idea. Ok, get back to reading...


I can't help it though. My mind wanders from time to time. I'm thinking, I wish Arroyo had declared it a non-working holiday on Monday. I don't feel like coming to the office on Monday. Soon after that, I remember I have to talk to someone as soon as possible to clear some things out. Before I know it, I'm thinking of my to-do-list. Oh no, not now. I'll get to that within today, but not now.


I check on Bread's track listing. I wonder if anyone ever noticed how short the songs were back in the days? Most of these songs here have a playing time of 2-3 minutes. Or I am just making a generalization. Oh well, back to reading about Jonah. Sigh, this whole fractured chronology of this writer is making it a little hard for me to keep up with the novel huh. But I like it. I'm not even close to halfway but I'm having these heavy troubled feelings out of what I've been reading so far.


It will be 4 o' clock in 30 minutes. In a couple of hours, I wouldn't need this artificial light as daylight would be enough to light up my room. Still not a hint of sleepiness in me. What did I do the whole Saturday, I mused. Let's see. Woke up early because mom wanted me to accompany her going to Cavite. I wasn't in the mood so my sister volunteered. Ate breakfast soon as they left, tried going back to sleep but can't, turned on the tv and stayed glued to that for 3 hours. Time for lunch and went on to do few other stuff then turned on the tv once again. Wow, i sure spend a lot time in front of this tv set neh? I spend normal time for tv and then I spend the time that's supposed to be for sleeping to do other stuff. Tsk tsk.


This isn't going anywhere. I'm going to hit the sack now. At least it's James Ingram I now hear and I'm few chapters short before I finish this book. Tomorrow, it's work day so tonight will definitely have to be different.

0 comments: