Monday, August 22, 2005

Aha!

The trainor asks, "when do you say aha!"? One said, "pag may nabisto ka" (when you make a discovery). Someone also said it's when you realize something.

After spending whole Friday and half of today answering feedback forms of the training I attended, I thought, why not compile everything I wrote and post it here?

There's more to the distant location of the training venue that made me apprehensive to attend it. It was more of me asking the question, why me? It's not false modesty, but me being really worried on why I was being tapped as one of the attendees. If it was technology-related, I probably would've jumped right in after the first mention of it.

Of course, I don't want to back out and not give a reasonable excuse and so last Tuesday morning, I found myself saying hi and introducing myself (and still wondering if i should be there) to our trainor and to 14 senior associates from Cebu, Alabang, and Makati. The trainor then proceeded to tell us that after the training, we shouldn't just be tech experts but people experts as well.

3 days after, I realized some of them are just like me. Most of us are afraid to get out of our comfort zones. Some of them, like me, has this doubt if we're really capable of leading people.

I went there with little expectations. But then I got to meet new people. And then I learned about communication [upward (managemnt), lateral (peers), downward (subordinates)], mutual rewards theory, power, decision-making and about motivating and disciplining people as well. The discussions weren't preachy but were in fact, practical. Truth is, I had fun (surprisingly?).

And like what I wrote to them, I hope all 15 of us would be able to put into practice all our Aha!s during those 3 days.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

aha!!! i knew you'd go back here.. hahahahaha.. :P intuition id call it.. -- shmuck