It was 5 years ago when I first came across a blog. At that time, the internet only meant this to me: a means for me to do research (I was still a college student back then), to chat (i used to frequent the irc) and to browse and post to PEx.
I had (and still have) the traditional notebook as a journal. I liked writing down my thoughts every now and then. And the internet offered me something that eventually made me start my own blog: that I am able to write my thoughts for not only myself to read while still be anonymous.
Having said that, it leads one to ask the most common question a blogger is asked: Why do you blog?
Why do I blog?
I blog because I want to remember events that transpired, feelings that i went through, lessons that I learned and people that matter. It's because as much as I want to believe that I could make someone out there feel that he or she isn't the only one in this world, I also want to believe that I am not the only one in this world (it helps ease the pain when you know you're not the only person going through something). It's because even if I do not want people to not know me well, there comes a point when I just want to let all my guards down and tell them that "hey, this is me" (then again, there's the question of how much of ourselves are we willing to expose?). There's that plain answer to the question: i blog just because.
These days there are too many different kinds of blogs: photo blogs, recipe blogs, tech blogs, travel blogs, and much more. Mine will probably remain as is, just a simple personal blog. For how long? I sure can't tell. Truth be told, I never really thought I'd be able to maintain this blog for such a long time. I always thought there would come a day when I would just tire of this and neglect it altogether. And for a time, I did feel like I wanted to erase everything from the net. Surprisingly, it's still alive and those people who started reading it, are still here, checking on it every once in a while (at least that's what I am led to believe haha :p).
It maybe five years of trivial posts for others, but it's been five years of unadulterated posts for me. :) More years of blogging? So long as I'm still enjoying it here, (to borrow from a chinese friend we know) sure... why not?
Monday, August 20, 2007
Late Anniversary Post
Posted by
ji
at
5:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment