Friday, January 18, 2008

DS Mania

A year ago, i was still bent on purchasing a PSP. I remember chatting with a friend about this when he told me to get an NDS Light instead because it seemed like it matched my personality better than the other one. I had to research and check out the difference between those two as well as the games available for each one. I later found out that some people think that DS is for kids while the other is not. If that's what my friend meant when he suggested DS for me, I can only guess. :p

Eventually, I decided that I'm getting a DS. Why? Cause the unit had pastel colors that I liked and I thought the games were cuter and more fun than those for PSP. I was eyeing a pink one before just because it looked girly. And then an officemate, the first one who had a DS in the office, bought a white one and made me rethink of getting a light-colored DS. I ended up with the idea that black is better. When I was about to buy the unit, ronnie decided to surprise me by giving me one. :D Couldn't get any happier, I tell you.

I bought a case to protect the unit itself. Thinking that I wanted my DS to stand out, I asked ronnie to draw something for me so that I could put it on the cover. Fortunately, he indulged. :) It looked good with a green silicon cover before and since I changed the silicon cover to white at the start of the year, some of my friend officemates were joking ronnie to draw a new one to match the new cover, lol. let's see if he gets the hint.

Anyway, the first few games I played were Mario Kart, Cooking Mama and Trauma Center - all among the list of best DS games. I discovered Diner Dash for DS which became the first game I got to finish. Early on, there were only two of us playing against each other in Mario Kart (the game can have 8 players race against each other). Later on, one officemate after another bought their own units as well. Thus, around September last year, me and 7 other officemates were able to compete against each other. Imagine that.

mario kart session in watami, hk (addict talaga!)

For a time, the craze waned.

And then, during Christmas vacation, I tried my hands on playing Ouendan, a Japanese rhythm game. Ronnie and first DS-owner officemate were crazy with the game while I, cannot even finish 1/4 of a song. I wanted to challenge myself that I downloaded Ouendan 2 (because ronnie finished ouendan1 already) and found myself hooked! I downloaded Elite Beat Agents (English version of the above mentioned game) as well, just out of curiosity. And what can I say, Ouendan is still waaaaaay cooler than EBA.

Recently, we're now having Ouendan sessions instead of Mario Kart sessions (only downside is that Ouendan allows a maximum of 4 players only :s). These sessions have become bonding moments for us officemates plus it helps me not lose interest with my toy. I don't know how long this'll keep up, I guess I'll just enjoy this for now.


ouendan session in the office

1 comments:

Mon said...

Wow! Mga adik sa DS! Nahawa tuloy ako! Harharhar :)