Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rekindled

I started learning the Japanese language around 2004. Since then, it was an on and off study. And for almost a year, I thought I'd stay away from it already. There's not much people to converse with as a practice, so I said why pursue it? Around November last year, me and sister found a flyer in UP offering Japanese language courses starting January the next year. And yes, it made me excited in an instant. Soon after, I asked my close buddy if she also wanted to study and she said yes!

We've been attending classes in UP Diliman thrice a week for almost a month now. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I leave the office at 4:30pm for my 6-8 class (she attends Mondays and Wednesdays on the other hand :/). Saturday classes are scheduled 9-11am for us both (but we're still not on the same class). So far, it makes me think that it was a good idea for us to sign up because 1. we get to spend more time with each other now, 2. i have someone to practice with now, 3. i get to meet new people, 4. i can appreciate jpop and jdramas better, and 5. makes me live that part where i want to be a student once again. lol.

music albums "bucho" lent me

~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~ o 0 o ~

I collect DVDs (not originals, just to be honest). But because I am aware of many movies are coming out every month, I know I wouldn't be able to save any if I go buy everything. And so I decided to limit my collection to Asian movies only (Korean, Japanese and Chinese to be exact). I used to buy somewhere in Makati when I was still working in that area. When I moved to another company, I wasn't able to buy from there anymore. Sometimes I'd buy in HK instead when I'm there. There, sometimes I'd settle for VCDs especially if they don't have a DVD for a certain movie that I really like and which, I'm sure I won't find here.

And then lately, since my sister started working in Makati and has recently discovered the same place where I used to purchase, it would seem that our collection would continue to grow once again. :D


Recent buys are as follows (they're mostly romance comedy just because she's a sucker for that):
1. 200 Pounds Beauty (I've seen this one in HK with ronnie and billy already but we have to have a copy still).
2. Daisy
3. The All-Powerful Romance a.k.a. The Strongest Romance
4. Seducing Mr. Perfect
5. I'm a Cyborg, But That's Ok
6. Too Beautiful To Lie

0 comments: