Tuesday, July 23, 2002

It was late last week when my thesismates decided that we're going for the kill, which means that we won't be defending our thesis on the regular defense week. We will do it during the redefense week instead. We are aware that it will be a one-shot deal since we can only be given a passed or failed verdict by our panelists but then we are left with no other alternative. Tomorrow will be the deadline for the submission of the thesis document for those who are aiming for the regular defense schedule. We can't pass our document because our system haven't undergone the testing process yet (from which a chapter in our document will be based). Besides, we think that we have more chance of passing our thesis if we were given a little more time. Yet I admit I'm scared...

Most of all, I'm worried with what I have to tell my parents and especially my sister. I still haven't told them what we have decided ( I will though later, as soon as I get home). I can't imagine what her reaction would be. I bet she'll be disappointed in me for not having tried my best (it's true, I seem to be too complacent to be working on my part) and scared for me at the same time. She knows what the consequences of this and I'm sure the thought of us either making it or breaking it would scare the wits out of her. I know how much my sister wishes me to finally say that I am marching on September already and with news like this, I don't really know how she would react. It's not that she doesn't know how difficult our thesis is but then, I can't blame her for wanting me to finish my course now, I mean who wouldn't be?

Oh God, I need help. A great deal of help with regards to our thesis. I hope we could finish this and finalize everything before August so that we'll have enough time to polish things and prepare for our defense.

0 comments: