Wednesday, September 4, 2002

Except for the fact that I wasn't able to come with Joy and Shiela to watch a movie, I'd say I had a pretty good day.

I went to school first since our thesis group was scheduled to meet with our thesis adviser. We talked about his (our thesis adviser) plan of passing us to another faculty member (Sir's so busy he thinks he won't have time for us this term). We agreed to it and proceeded on meeting with our tentative adviser (our thesis coordinator's answer regarding this issue is still pending).

After the meeting, I met up with Shiela and Joy. Chatted with them for a few minutes or so before I headed back home (my sister's impatiently waiting for me already).

Let's see, I attended a book launching at around 3p.m. with my sister (I would have been happier if the books launched weren't academic books but then I don't regret attending that either... Haha! Feeling intellectual, am I???).

The highlight of it all.... I got to shop for books!!!! Yey!!! Oh, and some art materials for my sister's portfolio as well. Although, I can't say I benefited from the sale that was going on at the National, still, going there made me really happy, especially now that I got hold of a copy of Bob Ong's 2nd book (special thanks to mickie for telling me about it). It's not that I bought a lot really, it's just that everything I bought were those books that I was waiting for for quite some time now (most of them are sequels). Hmm... I'd say that all of the books me and my sis bought were written by Filipino authors (except for one).

New Books


Rizal Without the Overcoat - Ambeth Ocampo
Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino? - Bob Ong
Twisted 6 - Jessica Zafra
The Blair Bitch Returns - Chinie Hidalgo
Sweet as Desire - Laura Esquivel


One reason to be ecstatic about is that after months and months of not having bought a CD, I now have John Mayer's album. Another yey for me!!! One down 6 more CD's to go... I hope I'll be able to buy all 6 before I add another to my list of CDs to buy.

I hope everyday's like today... (wishful thinking...)

Anyways, gotta get going. I still have some thesis-related works to do.

0 comments: