I, together with Shiela and Joy, were kinda disappointed that Robinson's Place isn't showing Gamitan anymore. We thought we'd watch two movies today but we ended up watching only Jologs.
Ok, for one, I can't really say it's an A-plus movie but it's rather good. The style of how they presented the story is a relatively new. I mean, it's just that most of the stories presented in Filipino movies are linear. The editing's also ok. It also seemed that some of the actors did justice to their roles. And the funny lines (and some situations in the movie as well), believe me, they won't fail to elicit laughter from you (this is one of the good points).
However, I think that some of the characters weren't given much attention to. It's like the scriptwriters just thought of adding a character or two at the last minute just to make the plot more exciting (?). Then there's those actors who I deemed not suitable for their roles. Oh and I have a comment regarding the ending. I wished the movie ended at the part where there was the explosion (that would have made a better impact). Instead the writers decided to give in to the conventional way of ending a movie. i.e. showing a happy ending.
Ultimately, ignore my criticisms (besides, I'm not even a film major student to be making this kind of review) and watch the movie instead, I'm sure you'll be entertained one way or the other. Like Shiela said, there could still be hope in our movie industry.
Wednesday, September 4, 2002
Posted by
ji
at
10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment