Wednesday, September 11, 2002

I like it when my mom cleans my ears once in a while. No, I'm not handicapped nor am I unhygienic that my mom has to do that for me.

Lemme explain. We all went through that stage when we weren't capable to do this right? Remember how our moms would be the one to bathe us, comb our hair, clean our ears and navel, and cut our nails? I guess I miss those times - those times when we were still helpless. Those were times when no one would think lowly of us because we still need someone to help us on something. Now that I'm 21.. everytime I ask my mom if she could clean my ears and I'll lay my head on her lap and she'll do as I requested (with a flashlight between her mouth since she can't see clearly anymore).. I feel like a child again. I feel her warmth. I feel the unspoken assurance that no matter how I do things on my own, she'll always be there to help me out on something (all I need is ask). I bet she doesn't know how much meaning I've put on this simple act of hers. But I guess she also likes the idea that it's during these moments that she feels I still need her. You see, I think I read or heard it from somewhere that whenever a mother sees her child do something on his/her own (as a toddler), she can't help but be lonely at times because it would mean that sooner or later, her child won't need her anymore.

Funny... but speaking of my mom, I just saw that she's still up, together with my sis (haha.. only my dad's sane enough to sleep already... to think that we three have to wake up early today for our lakad). My sister's having her pedicure done by mom (at this hour!) Looking at them kinda reminds me of that scene in one of the episodes of Gilmore Girls...

Hafta talk with the two, remind them what time it is and that we better get some sleep already. Later...

0 comments: