Wednesday, January 12, 2005

the other side

I know everyone felt bad with what hit South Asia. It was devastating that we're left with nothing to do but pray.

Last Sunday, during our worship service, the preacher told us about the other side of this tragedy. He said that Banda Aceh in Sumatra, Indonesia is home to devout Muslims. Acehnese are believed to practice Islam that is very extreme, they are hostile to people that go there to convert them to Christianity. But after the tsunami attack, it's like He has opened doors for Christians to help Acehnese and preach to them as well.

I know that like most Christian groups, there will be religious orders that will see this as an opportunity too. On one hand then, I'm afraid that it would lead to more confusion and chaos. On the other, I am hoping that these people will come to know of Him.

While we may have questions for Him (i.e. where was He when this happened? why'd He let it happen in the first place? is He angry?) at this time, the preacher had these words in the end: "God is in control. He has a plan."

0 comments: